How to find an underground leak using utility marking flags and a little magic.
...you'll definitely want to give this a try.
1. Grab two utility marking flags. (Wire hangers can also be used)
2. Pull off the plastic flag portion, leaving you with two metal rods.
3. Bend 1/3 of each flag down creating a 90 degree angle with the rod.
4. Make the sign language letter "O" with your hands. This will be how you loosely grip the rods.
5. Put the short end of each rod, in your hands.
6. As you slowly walk around with the rods in your hands they will cross when you are over water, and yes... it's just like magic.
Never dig without first having all of your utilities marked and being accompanied by a professional.